Fall Party Favor: Wood Crate Painted Harvest
I featured today’s Fall Party Favor using the Wood Crate Bundle and Painted Harvest stamp set on my Stamping with Mia Facebook page awhile back. I said I would provide more information here on my blog. I am fulfilling that promise today by sharing two versions of the fall party favor.
The first version holds a 3″ x 6″ Gusseted Cellophane Bag filled with Hershey’s Nuggets, wrapped using strips from the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper collection. The bag is tied with 1/4″ Copper Trim.
The Wood Crate for this second version is the same as the first one, but it holds a pair of scented votive candles instead of chocolates. I also used a 3″ x 6″ Gusseted Cellophane Bag for this one, but created a base and backing using Soft Suede cardstock and a piece of Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper. The backing is long enough to fold over the top of the cellophane bag. I stapled through all layers and then covered the staples with the strip of Wild Wasabi cardstock. (Note: The saying is also from the Painted Harvest stamp set.)
Here are a few tips for creating the Wood Crate:
- Use one of the many different wood textures from the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack if you are in a hurry. (I’ve used one of those papers in the photos below.)
- Stamp the Hardwood background stamp on the desired color cardstock for a more personalized look. (I used Soft Suede cardstock and Early Espresso ink for the projects shown above.)
- Use the Bone Folder on all the score lines before forming the crate.
- Glue the two pieces of the crate together – as shown below – before folding and glueing them to form the crate.
- Continue to assemble to wood crate by gluing the bottom tabs to the inside bottom of the sides first, and then the side tabs to complete your crate.
- Decorate and fill as desired.