Glossy Cardstock Marble Technique!
Today’s focus will be on the Glossy Cardstock Marble Technique. This is a fun and easy technique to create. It is especially fun when teaching it to children.
To create the Marble backgrounds:
- Step 1: Place a couple drops of the lightest color of ink in a small container. (I used an empty Stampin’ Up! embellishment container.) Place a marble in the container and roll it around so it picks up ink.
- Step 2: Place a piece of glossy cardstock in an empty box. Add the inked up marble to the box. Roll the marble around, reinking it as necessary, until you are happy with the results.
- Step 3: Repeat the process with the other colors of your choice.
- Optional: You can also ink up and roll all the marbles at the same time. You won’t have as much control over where the marbles roll, but it is faster and you will get more blending of the colors than doing one marble at a time. (Note: Today’s featured card was created using all three marbles at the same time. The samples shown below were created by adding one color at a time.)
The Glossy Cardstock Marble Technique on the right was made using the following inks: Peekaboo Peach, Tranquil Tide, Rich Razzleberry and Soft Sky. The one on the left is Daffodil Delight and Tranquil Tide. I used Lemon Lime Twist and Soft Suede for the Glossy Cardstock Marble Technique on the card (shown below).
You will also need the following products to create today’s featured card:
- Country Livin’ stamp set – Clear Mount: Item#141925; Wood-Mount: Item#141922
- Sprinkles of Life stamp set
- Wild Wasabi Cardstock
- Early Espresso Cardstock
- Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad
- Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Layering Ovals Framelits Dies
Feel free to comment below if you have any questions.